Warm welcome from our Principal
Dear Fire Lake Families,
I am excited to be starting my second year at Fire Lake Elementary and my twentieth year in the Anchorage School District. I had a great summer. I was able to enjoy and spend time with my family, read a few books, sew and travel to Oregon for a conference. I do love summer but I also love a great routine and my job!!!
This year, our Back to School Meet and Greet will be on August 18th from 5:00-7:00pm. You will have an opportunity to meet the teachers, visit classrooms, drop off school supplies and have some ice cream provided by the PTA. I hope you all can join us. I am anxious to see everyone.
A few reminders for the start of the school year.
- Grades 1st -5th will start on August 21st.
- Kindergarten will start August 28th.
- We will have a kindergarten academy for kindergartners who have registered with us on Thursday August 24th and Friday August 25th. Please see our facebook page for more details. Students attending the academy can’t ride the bus so please make arrangements for them to be dropped off and picked up.
- If you have not already liked our facebook page please do so. Search Fire Lake Elementary and look for the tree.
- Dismissal is at 3:30 for all students in grades k-5. All students will be dismissed to the front of the school.
- Please remind yourself of traffic protocol prior to the first day of school. This is essential to keeping everyone safe. Please do not park at the curb. Curbside is for active drop off and pick up. If you are coming into the school or your student needs help getting in or out of the car then please park your vehicle. I will open the playground for parking on the 21st and 28th at the start and end of the day.
Looking forward to a great 2017-2018 school year!!